Re: Re[2]: LF: Loran Line or U.S. MedFER?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Re[2]: LF: Loran Line or U.S. MedFER?
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 18:37:12 -0000
Delivery-date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 18:38:59 +0000
Sender: [email protected]
Hi John what a difference, in the UK top band was the 2m of its day. Whilst there were a few the DXers, it was used a lot for local chatting (AM of course) and inter-G activity. The only other country in Europe licenced for it them was OK. We were limited to 10watts DC input in the late 50s and 60s.....great fun....easy construction (well compared with 2m) .....  I learned a lot of radio playing up there.

Yes Loran-A sterilized a portion of the band between about 1920 and 1980 in the UK, but a good noise limiter could be quite useful.

Cheers de Alan G3NYK