Re: LF: Trans Atlantic

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Trans Atlantic
From: "John Andrews" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 02:40:10 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Re: LF: Trans AtlanticMitch,

The situation is a little odd. The rules say that communication can only
take place between licensees in the Experimental service, but upon
application,  the FCC can authorize communication with other services.

The trick is that they don't write it in your license. It appears that if
you mention it in the text of your proposal, and they don't shoot it down,
you've got it. Warren did that, and so did Laurence, as I recall. Being a
darned fool, I didn't! Actually, I'm in the process of trying to correct
that...we'll see what happens.

Anyway, I believe that 2-way communication should be legal between the VE's
and the Part 5-ers who requested the ability to communicate with amateurs in
countries that permit use of the band.

John A.