Re: LF: Trans Atlantic

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Trans Atlantic
From: [email protected]
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2004 11:48:02 EST
Sender: [email protected]
In a message dated 24/12/2004 16:19:28 GMT Standard Time, [email protected] writes:
David,
  I checked the AMRAD site, technically the Bobek award is for "The LF Transatlantic Challenge is pair of Trophies for the first two-way Europe-USA 136 kHz contact once the band is allocated to the Amateur Radio Service by the FCC (assuming that happens)"
  Since the FCC has not allocated 136 for the amateur service, the question is would the sponsoring organizations recognize an experimental Part 5 U.S. station contacting a European amateur station as a valid contact?
  Award or no, I'm keen to give it a go.
Happy Christmas!
Warren
I believe the original Canadian stations had special permits not any particular general access to the band. This probably equates to something similar to your current permission which does appear to be substantially different to the original 'AMRAD' permits which only allowed two way communication between permit holders within the USA

I guess G3WKL / Amrad / DARC need to clarify.
In any case, it's a good target to aim at and I'm sure you'll find some willing participants over here.

Merry Christmas

David   G0MRF