Re: LF: Sunday activity report

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Sunday activity report
From: WE0H Mike <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 18:00:37 -0600
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Jim,

2a of loop current sounds like about 2 or 3 watts power if he is running something like an Ashlock loop made out of about 1-2mm wire. But 15 miles away should have pegged your S meter. I can take 700 milliwatts and go out to 162 miles and hear it easily by the ear in CW using a Ashlock loop. Can you describe his loop and loop tuner box?

73's,
--
Mike
WE0H

James Moritz wrote:
Dear Dave, LF Group,

I worked Brian G3YKB yesterday - his QTH is Watford, about 15miles from
here, and he said at the time he was running 2A into his loop (didn't get
the size) aiming north-east, so perhaps not suprising I could only give him
an S4 report, and he was not detectable at G3YXM. I heard him testing again
today, and seemed to be stronger, so he has obviously got the current up.

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU