Re: LF: Receivers

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Receivers
From: Ed Lesnichy <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 17:18:08 +0400
Sender: [email protected]
Dear LF-enthusiasts,

Monday, July 12, 2004 Mike, G3XDV wrote:

MD> I am compiling a list of receivers and transceivers suitable MD> for 136kHz. I know most of the older radios already but MD> does anyone use a radio made in, say, the last five years MD> that they use sucessfully? If so, does it need an LF pre- MD> amp? Is the noise blanker any good on LF QRN and/or MD> Loran? Is a narrow filter fitted as standard?

During 3rd Rus LF DXpedition to UA0L I for the first time have seen
old, but very interesting TRX - Yaesu FT-767GX.
FT-767 on the sizes and design same as well as very popular old
VHF/UHF/SHF FT-736, but:
TX: abt 1.2....440MHz !! (TRX is made in abt 198?? )
RX: abt 10Hz...440MHz also !!

I did not have opportunity to compare FT-767 with TS-850 on LF, but in
urban Vladivostok on FT-767 and 80m dipole I well RX audible LF broadcasting
stations from Siberia and Ural (abt 3000...5000km) and Alfa on 12...16kHz.

The user's guide on English for FT-767 was not (only Japanese ;-(((
I do not know sensitivity of the RX FT-767 on LF/VLF.

Who used such RX on LF/VLF?

I believe that using a divider 1:10 it is possible to use FT-767 and
on TX (1.37MHz / 10 = 137kHz)

73! Ed RU6LA  [email protected]  http://136.73.ru