LF: Receivers

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Receivers
From: "J. Alan Lowe" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 11:07:29 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Mike,

I confirm Laurence's (KL1X) view of 1 June 2004 that the Yaesu FRG100 is
very good on LF. See the extract below. However, the noise blanker is
not very effective. There is an optional 250 or 500 Hz crystal filter.

Alan, G3XZX

Laurence KL1X writes
After about a months testing here Im very happy with the frg100 - well on
LF
137Khz anyway. Its pretty hot sensitivity  and stability wise and doesnt
seem fazed with high temps or local bcast stations. Certainly equal or
better than the ts850sat in that area.

Im not using the txco and temps in the KL1x have been anything from 45F to
100F, as our air conditioning failed for about a week. I didnt see much
change in freq stability, certainly useable at dot 60. The noise blanker is
OK, but nothing beats the ts870 on that score. The only mods I would like
do is to be able to turn off the AGC, and extend the frequency range below
130Khz. If anyone has the extended rx mod Id like to hear from you. Ill get
into the agc mod this week sometime.

The above offered in case one comes begging. It will be my receiver of
choice for Fiji and HF TX for X band will be a 706MK1.

Laurence KL1X