Re: LF: Re:: Timing GPS

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re:: Timing GPS
From: "jannsen" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 15:02:53 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Alberto di Bene schrieb:
Hello group,

Andy G4JNT has written some notes about his GPSDO (GPS DIsciplined Oscillator) project. I have been quite happy to host them on my Web site. You can find them here :
http://gpsdo.i2phd.com

73  Alberto  I2PHD

Hi Alberto, hi Andy,
tks for the effort.

Andy writes in the PDF:
"........
Initially I was sceptical thinking it probably only consisted of 10000 pulses per second - which could have been no better than the 1 PPS signal itself in the short term.
......."

some astronomical observatories use the GPS rcvr GSU-25. It´s 10kHz output is obviously pulsed according to the following specification:

Reception: 12channel parallel Reception Frequency: 1575.42MHz ± 1MHz (C/A code) Measurement accuracy: 1Sec ± 300nS (typ) Supply power Voltage: +5V ± 5%, ripples under 50mV Current consumption: Under 200mA Operation Temperature range: -300C~+700C In/Output Communication mode: Serial transfer with start/stop Time Mark Pulse output: 1PPS/10KHz

regards
Uwe/dj8wx