LF: Zobel

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Zobel
From: "jannsen" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 17:36:42 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Dave/G3YXM and group,

the Zobel Network 22 Ohm / 4,7nF in my G3YXM PA gets very hot if driving the PA in 1kW mode; much hotter than the toroid T2 (output transformer)gets. I changed the five Watt resistor with a 20 Watt, it gets hot too; with the cooling fan off the resistor desolders itself.

I think that`s a good sign of the correct dimension: 22 Ohm / 4,7nF means the open reactive load (T2 and surroundings) oscillates at calculated 1,539MHz; measured 1,776MHz.

But what a heavy loss!
My question:
Is there no other possibility eliminating the instability of that output system ?

Regards
Uwe / dj8wx