LF: Beaconing by PA0SE

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Beaconing by PA0SE
From: "Dick Rollema" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 14:03:42 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
To All from PA0SE

Joe, VO1NA wrote:

PA0SE was detected around 2300 and was full O copy
at 0200.

Joe also sent me a screenshot directly :
3fcd959.jpg

Screenshots were also received from M0BMU, G3AQC, EA1PX and CT1DRP, all showing excellent copy of my 140mW EMRP signal. EA1PX reported he even could hear me!
Many thanks to all who responded!

I have been trying to copy VO1NA's signal during several nights. Though there were traces of his signal at the beginning of the night and also around dawn, none were good enough for a QSO.

I cannot use ARGO because it requires a sampling rate of 5512kHz and that is not supported by the soundcard, as I found out with I2BHD's help (tnx again Alberto).
I therefore use SPECTRAN at a sampling rate of 8000kHz and a bandwidth of 0.031Hz.
But I don't think that explains the poor copy. I think the local noise level  is too high.  The level fluctuates somewhat with time and it was during a low that I could detect, but not read, Joe's signal.

Perhaps when better propagation is present I will succeed in making a two-way with Joe.

I hope Alan will tell us  when that is the case.

In he meantime congratulations to those accomplished a QSO with Joe.

73, Dick, PA0SE

JPEG image