LF: Re: See HGB received in NC

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: See HGB received in NC
From: "g3ldo" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 11:19:19 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>

Hi Dex

I'm working on building a dedicated system for monitoring LF signals.
For a test I am presently recording HBG 75 KHz and posting to a web page
which updates every 15 minuets.  Time on the Spectrum Lab plotter is
UTC.  Times on the index page when the files were loaded are UTC -5
hours.  I started this run at local solar noon.  HBG's signal is now
steadily rising.

From this page click on the highest HBG number to see the latest capture
which should be no older than 15 minuets.

http://www.gostanly.com/w4dex/75khz/

I think that this is a splendid effort, however I do have a couple of
suggestions.
By posting an update every 15mins you are very soon going to be overwhelmed
with data.
I suggest that you make a plot that records the data over a six or eight
hour period and post daily in a similar manner to what Alan does. (Does
SpecLab allow this?). This would allow us all to compare the signal
strengths over a period and see if it can be correlated with any other data
and make possible predictions of good 73kHz TA conditions. They might not be
the same as for 136kHz.
A 15min near real time is very useful when deciding or running 73kHz tests
and perhaps they could be given in text as a data figure in dBs (that relate
to your chart), which could go to your site or the LF reflector as an
e-mail.
Regards,
Peter, G3LDO

e-mail <[email protected]>