LF: Re: Re: 73kHz Beacon

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Re: 73kHz Beacon
From: "g3ldo" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 15:49:32 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
I have been out all day and have missed all the excitement!

I did copy Laurie's 72.401 kHz transmission last night, with parts of the
signal being visible from 2330 to 0700 Z. There were half hour periods
with
and without recognizable characters. The best copy was from 0022-0052 and
from 0452-0522 Z. For some reason, I got a lot of very clear "A's." The
"Q's" were more difficult!

I make the dash frequency as 72.4014 kHz. I have sent screen shots
directly
to Laurie -- not sure if this reflector would allow them.

Well done John & Laurie. I know just how much effort (and loss of sleep)
Laurie has put into this project and I am really pleased that it has paid
off. The amount of effort on the USA side of the link must have also been
considerable.
Congratulations to you both.
It would be interesting if this siting could be correlated with some
propagation information.
Is John able to monitor the high power RTTY station at Rugby with some sort
of signal level record, such as Alan uses?

Regards,
Peter, G3LDO

e-mail <[email protected]>

Web <http://web.ukonline.co.uk/g3ldo>