LF: Re: 73kHz Beacon

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: 73kHz Beacon
From: "John Andrews" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 09:51:30 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Laurie,

Well I have achieved what I set out to do,so would be happy to stop the
beacon now if anyone wants to have a go. But I am aware that there are
others who were looking for my signal, Dex for example.Also there
propagation issues to investigate ,for example why did'nt Dex see the
signal,and will conditions hold up much longer. So I am quite happy to
beacon again for a night or two,unless anyone has any other ideas ?

You were visible last night from my start at 2300 to about 0500. The best
period of copy was the second one that I posted, roughly centered on 0100,
and there were "ups and downs" all evening. But the amazing thing was that
you never faded out until 0500. All of the IDs were copyable during the
whole session. I suppose that barring any unusual solar activity, this might
continue for a while.

I will be around during my evening hours through next Monday, and would be
happy to post a message around 0000 as to whether you are visible here, as
an aid to others who may wish to try. I'll just follow your posts about
whether you are operating.

And a couple of the guys over here have asked about your transmitting setup
on 73 kHz. If you could provide that info, I'll pass it on.

John Andrews, W1TAG