LF: 73 kHz Wednesday night

To: [email protected], "Dexter McIntyre W4DEX" <[email protected]>, "John Andrews W1TAG" <[email protected]>, "lf-amrad" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: 73 kHz Wednesday night
From: "Andre Kesteloot" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 10:27:51 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
John Andrews wrote:

Dex,

> I just reviewed my overnight screen captures of Laurie's frequency.
> Absolutely nothing received here in North Carolina.  John, are you using
> one of those wave magnets antennas I have seen advertised on TV?  I
> suspect so since you seem to be sucking up most of Laurie's signal that
> makes it across.

I'm sorry (and somewhat perplexed) that you didn't hear anything.

On the other hand, you have come quite close to finding out my method.
Actually, my LF receiving antenna is manufactured by a company called
"Hoover." Think of it as a collection system for very low energy photons.
They are removed from the ether in much the same way that you would remove
dust from a carpet.

[...]

John Andrews, W1TAG

Shades of the old black & white film "Our Man in Havana" with Alec Guiness?

Heartiest congratulations to John W1TAG and Laurie G3AQC for a fantastic
achievement.

John, can the AMRAD gang come and camp in your backyard, or shall we all have to
move permanently to Massachusetts   :-)

73
André N4ICK