Re: LF: 73 kHz Wednesday night, Take II

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 73 kHz Wednesday night, Take II
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 10:21:11 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Congratulations to John and Laurie. Anyone who has tried 73kHz will tell you how much more difficult it is than 136kHz so this is a superb achievement.

It was a product of teamwork, perseverance and skill. What's more, they just went out and did it - rather than debate theory. This should be an inspiration to us all.

How about some new stations running 136kHz tests this winter? Last season 12 European stations made it across the Atlantic. Even I managed it with just 125mW ERP. There's plenty of scope for more activity on both sides of the pond. I am happy to coordinate frequencies as last year if that is needed.

Go for it!

Mike, G3XDV (IO91VT)
http://www.lf.thersgb.net