LF: 73kHz transatlantic

To: "LF Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: 73kHz transatlantic
From: "Kevin Ravenhill" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 10:05:20 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
I would like to add my congratulations to the others - nice work Laurie and
John!

Although this feat could not of course have been achieved with normal speed
CW at anywhere near our permitted ERP levels, from the clarity of the copy
at John's end I am now wondering how much ERP would actually be required to
cross the pond under "absolutely ideal" conditions - although having the
persistence to wait for these is another matter altogether! I suspect that
condx would have to have been near-ideal for this attempt anyway.

So, how about 136kHz transatlantic attempts using progressively lower
powers? Just an idle thought :-)

Regards,

Kevin G1HDQ.