LF: 73 KHZ TA

To: "rsgb rsgb" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: 73 KHZ TA
From: "gii3kev" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 12:48:08 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Well done Laurie and John and full marks for Perseverance, it paid off
and I did say in the past it was just a matter of time on both 73 khz
and 136khz, when others were saying it was not possible, and 73 khz in
particular was only any good for very local qso's. Again I would say it
can also be done on normal hand sent CW at a sensible speed of a few
wpm, favourable propagation and the max permitted power. A little more
power like the ZL 5 watts might make it a regular occurance to make a
contact across the Atlantic and beyond.
Sitting up all night every night could be the biggest problem!!!!!!!!!
It might be worth trying during daytime or early evening.
73 de G3KEV