Re: LF: Re: 73kHz Beacon

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: 73kHz Beacon
From: "Dexter McIntyre W4DEX" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 14:39:51 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Congratulations John and Laurie.  I have been watching Laurie's 72 KHz
signal also.  Last night I saw nothing.  On previous nights several
times I saw a 120 second line on 72.4014 (dash frequency) but I never
saw anything on the dot frequency.  Is there any blank time between the
dashes and dots?  Will be watching again tonight.

Dexter

John Andrews wrote:

I did copy Laurie's 72.401 kHz transmission last night, with parts of the
signal being visible from 2330 to 0700 Z. There were half hour periods with
and without recognizable characters. The best copy was from 0022-0052 and
from 0452-0522 Z. For some reason, I got a lot of very clear "A's." The
"Q's" were more difficult!

I make the dash frequency as 72.4014 kHz. I have sent screen shots directly
to Laurie -- not sure if this reflector would allow them.

QTH is Holden, Massachusetts (FN42ch), about 80 km west of Boston.

John Andrews, W1TAG