Re: LF: WA2XTF beacon

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: WA2XTF beacon
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 09:24:56 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>

Absolutely, we can transmit at any speed we want
The only limitation would be the ON7YD QRS program: does it allow us
to go slower? (I cannot remember its parameters, and the actual
software is at the transmitter site, of course, not here in my shack,
so I cannot check now how slow it will go). What do you have in mind?
73 André N4ICK

Well, there has been considerable success with Gs being received in Canada and the US using 30 - 60 second dot speeds when faster rates failed. Assuming you have some reasonable data on reception with 3s dots, how about reducing the speed to see how your range improves? Argo will cope with 90s dot lengths, so anything up to that would do.

Mike, G3XDV (IO91VT)
http://www.lf.thersgb.net