LF: Re: QRS software

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: QRS software
From: "Alberto di Bene" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 13:22:44 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Rik Strobbe wrote:

[snip]
PS : I will eventually make a 'beta version' that uses the soundcard, but
don't blame me it your PC 'hangs' if QRS is used in combination with other
software.
[snip]

Argo uses only the input portion of the sound card (technically speaking, only
the   waveINxxxx  APIs of the mmsystem subsystem).
I haven't specifically checked, but it is my impression that another program
could
use the waveOUTxxx  APIs without conflict. This, of course, if the sound card
supports full-duplex (not every card does), and the properties in Windows for
the sound card are correctly set for full-duplex operations (not every Windows
installation is). But only a direct check can tell about the feasibility of the
above.

73   Alberto   I2PHD