LF: SWR X phase X reactive components

To: "LF Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: SWR X phase X reactive components
From: "PY3CRX PY2PLL" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 11:49:43 -0200
Sender: <[email protected]>
I need a help:

I have an SWR bridge - 2 X 1:40 transformers on a conventional circuit and
from this bridge I have two rectified voltages: forward and reflected.

On the other side, if I have any reactive component at load side, there will
be difference between source signal phase and load signal phase.

Using a DBM I'm able to convert this phase difference into voltage.

The question is: how can I convert degrees in reactive component value? My
phase measurement ranges from -180 to +180 degree on a linear basis, e.g the
phase comparator delivers some mV proportional to degrees.

Knowing this I'll be able to measure SWR, R and J at the same time.

Thanks in advance for any help ...

73
Marcus
PY3CRX/PY2PLL