LF: [Fwd: 137 RTTY & AMRAD Beacon]

To: "AMRAD Tacos" <[email protected]>, "rsgb_lf_group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: [Fwd: 137 RTTY & AMRAD Beacon]
From: "Andre' Kesteloot" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 15:40:22 -0400
Sender: <[email protected]>
Lyle Koehler wrote:

According to David Wilson's LF listing in the May 1998 LOWDOWN, the RTTY
signal on 137.0 kHz is CFH, from Halifax (Mill Cove) -- in Nova Scotia,
I presume. That is consistent with the east-west bearing I observe with
my loop antenna, and the very strong signal here in Minnesota. I don't
have a capability for absolute field strength readings, but last night
at 0700 UTC the 137 kHz RTTY signal was about 25 dB above the noise
level with a 100 Hz IF bandwidth.

There are also listings for NSS from Norfolk, VA on 134.9 kHz and for
NPG from San Francisco (Dixon) CA on 135.95, 136.0 and apparently also
on 136.9 kHz. These listings are probably not very current, and some of
the stations may no longer be on the air. However, the one on 137 kHz is
obviously alive and well. Its sidebands are strong enough to cause me
problems on 136.75 (as if the Loran-C splatter from Baudette, MN isn't
enough!)

Lyle, K0LR

http://www.computerpro.com/~lyle

"M. Bruno" wrote:

> The RTTY signal around 137.000 has been copied also in Europe this
> winter. We presume it is of USA origin. If it is the case it may
> become an useful propagation indicator. It would be very helpful to
> locate it ... may any Lowfer take a bearing or at least a signal level ?

To unsubscribe, send to [email protected] "unsubscribe lowfer" (Do not
send to list!!) Send on list submissions to [email protected]