Re: LF: [Fwd: 137 RTTY & AMRAD Beacon]

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: [Fwd: 137 RTTY & AMRAD Beacon]
From: "'Geri' Kinzel, DK8KW" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 00:41:12 -0400
Sender: <[email protected]>
Mike wrote

What would be really useful is someone who can plot the station's signal strength at night over a long period on a chart recorder (there must be ways of doing this on a computer, too) so it can be correlated with solar data etc.

I did a plot like this for sunrise (see my homepage
http://ww.dk8kw.home.pages.de, follow the link: "Information on "Beacon"
Stations"). I could try to set up the configuration and plot an entire
night.
I use the MV-61 which has a recorder output of the signal strength in the
2-Volt range and a Voltcraft multimeter with an RS-232 output to record the
data on my computer. I will post results here. Now that we know, which
station we are receiving we can use it as an indicator for conditions over
the atlantic. BTW, does anyoneknow the purpose of the station?

Vy 73

Geri, DK8KW (W1KW)