RE: LF: Re: Re Loomis? & ... 12.47 Hz

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: Re: Re Loomis? & ... 12.47 Hz
From: <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2019 15:18:17 -0400
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=comcast.net; s=q20161114; t=1552245512; bh=KW5I657FRzGcU5V8el+MEEKcpIjZxYl/Wo6rhPUX2gI=; h=Received:Received:From:To:Subject:Date:Message-ID:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=cYyjsn514Sdc7cGQucNE3wEC/TKYy11WxRZlLynEd9dSC3FVqVkyyOd25QDOhGpJA QDL1Jlu4tDQgz1ZtUfhSEbQzUkbFoPXFHu0XsbsAmiV0eTzyStODCv+ggg6rASgxgJ bQ08EdPgBADxt+g+T6ErM27eN9xklzgYEFv2KKRDiEb3/zXzKhass37YIZb7hM0iTC k7TYCTc/kO5tmalPuDOUEDpgJCQjCsXRJ5HYK6dkakOgKyVrCioY5yNd7UVtwFfzT5 bByayImo1t5wArCa17Cau3HjJqOvJHAciNzW1DLgaGvbTiEcFbGU3fYxrxJzlRm7bR N/RL+9aYE99hg==
Sender: [email protected]
All great ideas in the preceding messages.

A steady signal from the 136 kHz sky-current transmitter could indicate that a
data bit might be available later from the 10 Hz sky-current transmitter.

Agreed, the triggered gap sounds better than an HV vacuum relay (for jitter and
reliability).

Sounds like the voltage divider doesn't need to be more than a gigohm, but
perhaps for future reference: a reliable 50kV 1 terohm divider can be made very
easily: encapsulate ten 100 gigohm resistors in hard epoxy, being sure not to
touch them during assembly. A single linearity calibration after curing will be
remain valid +/- 10% for years in varying humidity and temperature.

73,

Jim AA5BW