Re: LF: Re: Re Loomis at LF?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Re Loomis at LF?
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2019 12:47:36 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/simple; d=posteo.de; s=2017; t=1552218459; bh=63GS4+a75BeLo1tC3n/4Nb86rmrcbWVqJVsyCPGZxpE=; h=Date:From:To:Subject:From; b=fe/WO8qtKxcoub7E3BFkEMX6q3OUfbc2uMgBIvkuoRHId3Xc7MoHc7cMbQnWbXjvr 4Q199HAYhkseL8IN8ljbFKQs6muP+M2U5xVT64bexbViJpeBjiiHX3W6pOQFj6WLha qBB6ZAHFLpCB7RUzg5+Mob79nWZbPsQT3KXzyNbqijvmfNwZ+tLrGelH91SgXeCPd6 CeW2Y+QZcz2LZnLo0S/98M/DGQGB4T7N2WkMcR324eC9fB0Lj34FztAqfRpIM49DmO zsZZ/7OGLkr6M76sVYiLiFFSjZwSTw4xUqCBf2hAZj4oYIZMexfnrWY492bSRXxv8V lEB3RlrUzK9Gg==
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Claudio,

Well, somehow it is both. An amplitude modulated DC voltage (carrier frequency = 0) will radiate the same like an AC voltage of the same amplitude :-) And then you can modulate that amplitude modulation again, e.g. in BPSK or FM. Actually it is like done in any linear mode PA.
It will be an electromagnetic transmission, but we would then like to see a detection in the far field or in 1 wavelength distance or above.

Maybe it could work on LF?
Maybe i will build up such an experiment tomorrow.
The local LF grabber and of course the great SpectrumLab software will help to measure and display the signal level! This will give a first impression. Even charged raindrops will help to play the game! Something like a new mode? Like rain-scatter in the GHz range ;-)
Thought a bit longer about the circuit configuration: The antenna could be discharged by an IRF710 which has a low output capacity and holds 400 V. At 137 kHz the on-time (T/2) is 3.65 us and if one wants to spend a discharge resistor (to lower the bandwidth of the radiated spectrum), 100 Ohm may be a good value for a 470 pF antenna.
A plot showing the signal level over time will show which levels can be expected. Then we may try to pass an EbNaut message over to DF6NM and his EbNaut autodecoder? The message could be repeated again and again, for weeks! And then maybe suddenly will appear on the autodecoder website!?????

73, Stefan