Re: ELF: Almost touching the ground... | 12.47 Hz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: ELF: Almost touching the ground... | 12.47 Hz
From: Jacek Lipkowski <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2019 22:03:09 +0100 (CET)
Sender: [email protected]
Stefan, did you try contacting any geophysisists in your area? Maybe they have an ULF receiver, and could give you access to the data

jacek

Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2019 19:44:42 +0100
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Subject: ELF: Almost touching the ground... | 12.47 Hz

Hi ELF friends,

During the last 2 weeks i've done another experiment on ELF, this time on 12.47 Hz, the 24 Mm band (wavelength 24057 km). Again i've crossed the local distance of 3.5 km. That's the lowest frequency i've ever been and it feels like i can see the ground already :-) The dimensions of everything down there are extreme. I've integrated 227 hours of a carrier transmission into one spectrum peak, it is shown in the attachment in 1.25 uHz. This carrier could have transferred an EbNaut message of nearly 100 characters.

The ERP was 50 attowatt or -163 dBW and the antenna current was 170 uA only, despite about 5 kV antenna voltage.

I'm now trying to put a step below 10 Hz but the RX antenna becomes less efficient with each Hz.

73, Stefan