Re: LF: Class D current spikes

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Class D current spikes
From: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2019 19:30:24 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=comcast.net; s=q20161114; t=1551141026; bh=d3e1QiLt3c074y2zp9eM/B2cfc+CeMIoIiYlZAvVtFM=; h=Received:Received:From:Subject:To:Content-Type:Date:Message-ID; b=d+9HOBEkZYzKhjBtNvjzvAWkXreBjmKlK373YkiPOe01XkHcCiFn7xIzHSQrRDSXI FA1rX02gbKty6DnNNCx0QzbdlvJQiNwI8tbS9PipwgIPPL9QOrMDpu6KSpleKpS3E7 TB8mGas0zJ7T5JnFjdZQCBSuApq1QYR1BAfHr94Mq/mxySrsPLumu43IKOPLC0U8rz twpRcYY4pxJRmvGCOeQN4U7037U4o5J8rw6Hz29NMMpHRIPjHA6HfkY3qlbf/EiBoJ p/y4SaWATgSCxI/hu+HDYxgr8CkyBsCHPkUuISd3CpslL2BRA/ZYcK/DE0DQ0+N0fh eSqZdtafy5OLg==
Sender: [email protected]
Chris

Thanks for the waveforms ... very informative. Sure looks like something is
triggering the input of the amplifier and thus causing the problem.

Since the problem doesn't exist with U3S's (which generates the various modes
internally) driving the amplifier (either directly or through a frequency
doubler) one has to wonder what the difference is between the U3S and the other
exciter setups that cause the problem. The fact that the U3S / amplifier
combination works correctly would argue that the 'problem' is likely not the
amplifier.

The one thing that the non U3S setups have in common is that the modes are
generated by software / computer / sound card. Think the first step in tracking
down the problem would be to see if there are any unexpected outputs from the
soundcard that are causing the problem. When you get a chance maybe you can
capture waveforms of the sound card output up to and after the end of a
transmission.

Assume that you have disabled all 'computer sounds' on the machines that are
supplying audio for the various modes?

Jay W1VD