Re: LF: No 2200m TX tonight

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: No 2200m TX tonight
From: <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2018 08:48:41 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=comcast.net; s=q20161114; t=1543067323; bh=4JxC8xlM9Q2dVMdqmR5JxC7u601Xoo7PBMSFJrxwXsQ=; h=Received:Received:Message-ID:From:To:Subject:Date:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=ovVwWqjgJ2UPSSKN/Q4yIztfomumrbxgpIefRE25R9XQNn4SUE07kutevGiu58ID3 WxexcRuhMcMgp5UKwWF/PnUEbcZaAgiQYfW4zM/qu2paD7pS9iuZrImfitSugri96v 1CrnILxoDmOWPS1eo1qqK5ghQtuUnLgqy7Y6e2ot8OvK9jsZCZKqSxVQvHOXOSOQej qZRorXAG6FfCQVX1fRddNJl3j2mYW/q5Cy15NY94t1hSBfgL+2iSPBd+1mVesGs2M0 S33MmykQpQNvw33B+WY+mEUJmCDOBK3ZJT6l6W77VVg71yzYV1v+POWv4fGwlz/igV zl+JbDicVDJqA==
Sender: [email protected]
Paul

An old Heath Cantenna makes a good load. They're often seen at flea markets for
short money.

In a pinch, an electric hot water heater element (of appropriate voltage / current rating for 50 ohms) submerged in a kettle of water ... or better yet ... still in a small hot water heater tank will dissipate lots o' watts. Reactance can be tuned out with series capacitor at HF ... probably not necessary to do so at LF / MF. Works very well.

I didn't short turns in my setup ... just connected to the desired tap ... all
other turns float.

Jay W1VD

----- Original Message ----- From: "N1BUG" <[email protected]>