Re: LF: K3RWR LF EbNaut in CT

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: K3RWR LF EbNaut in CT
From: N1BUG <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2018 10:12:02 -0400
Sender: [email protected]
On 03/24/2018 09:18 AM, VIGILANT Luis Fernández wrote:

> Anyway would be interesting to discuss the hardware needed for
> decoding EbNaut in LF Would help others to figure out how to
> start using their stations already decoding WSPR, etc

Yes, please! We need help!

I have similar questions as Luis.

I'm using a simple home built SDR feeding I/Q to a sound card, HDSDR
output to a virtual cable (VB Cable).

Do I need to worry about sample rate correction on VB Cable? If so
is there any way to do it?

Do I need to worry about sample rate on the sound card which is
receiving I/Q from the SDR? If so, is there any way to do it? Both
left and right channel are in use.

What about time stamping? There are some delays I think in HDSDR. I
don't know if there is any way to work around this.

I would need a more stable LO for the SDR than its present crystal
oscillator! I still don't know how to do this at reasonable cost. I
suppose it will require a GPSDO which could output 450 kHz or
something around there, but I have no practical idea how to do this.
The more I read, the more confused I become.

By the way I have a HP 3325B. Is this of any use for either the
receiver LO or for transmitting EbNaut? It has the internal high
stability option but I assume this is nowhere near good enough. It
can accept external reference at 1 or 10 MHz but I do not know if
this can make it good enough for anything. It also has a Phase mod
input, but I know nothing about this.

73,
Paul N1BUG