LF: Important question on LF QSOs

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, "Discussion of the Lowfer (US, European, & UK) and MedFer bands" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Important question on LF QSOs
From: N1BUG <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 08:38:04 -0400
Sender: [email protected]
LF / 2200 meter community,

I am a little afraid to ask this question. I don't want to start a
"war" here. But...

What is the feeling in the LF community about a QSO (DFCW or QRSS)
which takes more than a single night to complete? Is this OK or will
it be seen as cheating?

I am a very conservative operator but I cannot think of any reason
why a QSO spanning a few nights would not be perfectly OK. To me it
seems that's just taking advantage of available propagation and
(very slow) modes which can get information across.

I do think that if the operators stop for some nights, the QSO
should reset to the beginning because that is a new attempt.

I'm trying to find out what the community feels about this. I want
to be a respectable member of this community, not an invading
outlaw. ;-) If a QSO taking a few nights is considered evil, I won't
do it. Now is your chance to educate me.

73,
Paul N1BUG