Re: LF: Important question on LF QSOs

To: LineOne <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Important question on LF QSOs
From: Andy Talbot <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 15:11:39 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=q8fRPainRsLwveeMz/cCeaBqVkg17lIIVD60qh6uqMY=; b=t6HkLebPFCu6421ysE2yJqtIA4MlEXE0h3KFGiRFbc3iaIpLfDJOVGU1zqoUSaYdb7 0KmIxp0Uqrz07hpmNSIkj09tLeMFiVoN+WBfKrWX1wHfvSS7lXDda9wFVgOxXanNlEyK ddfOP2u0rPhDupxGce/2a10ZhTiunzI7Ja3PtSMAKGRQWtJsdlVnY2Nt8oDq7F9OyT0C fyY2whB7f1vZ13kivNYrBllFbTQdBibPWkGynSRqyU7/YJp23R3r6EpYdfJU1jbUIJ2Y Ddz2paUHYoQNw6LBaXVUW8mnQJCFEZa/wmianBqirFNSYI++K/HW7hig5cGl5QulGPYL QVtQ==
Sender: [email protected]
Your website of firsts and the history of LF shows that I set a few of the early 'firsts' on 73kHz and reminds me of what must be the longest QSO in history.

On 12 April 1997 I had a one-way QSO (CW yes, I know !)  with me transmitting to G3YGF/P who had driven out at increasing distances to see how far we could get.  Eventually managed 99km, hugely increasing the maximum distance on that band - and showing that it 'could' be done.

The other half of the QSO wasn't completed until June 2003 just as the 73kHz band was about to be withdrawn  that G3YGF cobbled  together a simple 73 Tx system and transmitted to me to complete the QSO.  He was now using a different location, home QTH just 5km from me, so it doesn't count as a proper QSO , but whateverrrrrr.....

Andy  g4JNt