Re: AW: LF: Re: Wow, busy busy on 136!!

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: AW: LF: Re: Wow, busy busy on 136!!
From: N1BUG <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 08:10:25 -0500
Sender: [email protected]
I know that Steven, K9AN had already programmed a new WSPR-15 decoder 2 or 3 years ago, but it was never released. Maybe our US friends can dig deeper and push a little bit?

Some have but there are not enough of us. The reply is "there is no interest in the slow modes" or "there is too little interest in the slow modes".

My opinion:

There are many thousands of people using the software on HF, especially since the release of FT8 mode. From this group comes a steady pressure for new features and changes. There are many hundreds of well established users on VHF and EME. How many of us on LF? Out of that number, how many are interested in the slow modes WSPR-15 and slow JT9? Out of that number, how many have made a direct and heartfelt request to the developers about putting these modes in the new software? We come down to a very small number of voices asking for these modes.

Unless we can get a lot more of us to ask, I think we have seen the last of support for these modes.

73,
Paul N1BUG