LF: RE: Do I need an attenuator on LF RX??

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: RE: Do I need an attenuator on LF RX??
From: "Greg Stahlman" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2018 09:33:44 -0800
Sender: [email protected]
IMD from Broadcast.  A LPF @ 500KHz will fix that.
http://www.minikits.com.au/electronic-kits/filter-kits/hf-lowpass-filters/LP
F9-0M5

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Chris Wilson
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2018 6:11 AM
To: [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Do I need an attenuator on LF RX??

Hello  LF'ers,

  I would like to know if the experts here think I need an antenna
  attenuator on 136kHz? I am using in this capture a little IDC
  receiver:

  http://icas.to/lineup/idc-136-kit-eng.htm

  but see the same with a Softrock LF. I am unsure if the antenna is
  overloading the RX, it's a big file at around 14 megs, but I guess
  most people, unlike me in the sticks, have broadband :)

  Thanks.

  http://www.gatesgarth.com/Untitled26.mp4

--
Best regards,
 Chris                          mailto:[email protected]