RE: LF: MF/630M

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: LF: MF/630M
From: mal hamilton <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2018 15:44:04 +0000
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Paul

The best time for a QSO with the UK is around 2300- 0100 utc

Over the years I have had quite a number of QSO’S around this time at this time of year.

The best mode is QRSS for both 474 Khz and 137 Khz and CW is also possible also I am sure JT9 and and FT8 would work but I have not tried these modes across to the USA

NC1K used to hear me frequently on CW on LF,  also stn MM0ALM was heard often on the East coast USA.

There were over 30 countries active on LF about 15 years ago but now it has almost fizzled out and I do not bother any more although I use MF a lot and as you know you report my signal almost nightly on WSPR

If you would like to try a QRSS or JT9 QSO on MF let me know.

My power is 5W erp and antenna is an INV L up 100 ft vertical and the rest horizontal out in the clear in a field.

Last night I got reports on 474.2 from N1BUG, KA1R, VE1YY.

My best DX on MF/630M was Reunion Island last year, almost 10,000 Km

And I do not think he is active this year.

73 es GL

DE MAL/G3KEV/IO94SH/SCARBOROUGH/ENGLAND

Sent from Mail for Windows 10