Re: LF: MF/630M

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: MF/630M
From: N1BUG <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2018 06:30:35 -0500
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Rik,

Somehow I had not seen that before! It is excellent and answers almost all my questions.

I'm still curious about one thing. QSB can be a big problem (as with EME, hi). This can make it difficult to know exactly when a station has stopped his transmission. Is the timing always "random" or are timed TX/RX periods sometimes used? It seems like it would be easier with timed sequences. The only difficulty I see is correctly calculating how much time will be needed to send the longest expected message in a QSO. It takes me half a sheet of paper and a lot of scribbling to figure that out. ;-)

I'm very interested in this subject since it is my dream to complete a trans-Atlantic QSO on 2200m when I get enough TX power.

73,
Paul N1BUG