AW: LF: MF/630M

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: AW: LF: MF/630M
From: "Joe Proemper" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2018 11:54:52 +0100
Sender: [email protected]

Hi Paul,

did you see this:

February 3, 2018, 2000 UTC: During the last 72 hours, we continued to experience the high winds, low clouds, fog and rough seas that have prevented helicopter operations since our arrival at Bouvet. No improvement was predicted in the weather forecast for the next four days. Then, last night, an issue developed in one of the ship’s engines.

This morning, the captain of the vessel declared it unsafe to continue with our project and aborted the DXpedition. We are now on our long voyage back to Punta Arenas. As you might imagine, the team is deeply disappointed, but safe. There is already talk about rescheduling the DXpedition,

Bob, K4UEE

Ralph, KØIR

Erling, LA6VM

Bad Luck