Re: LF: Progress? with the PA

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Progress? with the PA
From: N1BUG <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2018 05:53:39 -0500
Sender: [email protected]

Thanks Andy.

I need more time to get my head around that equation. I'm still struggling with a near vertical learning curve on all of this. I never worked with ferrite (except in RFI suppression) until very recently. To start with I don't know what figure to use for N turns on this 16:1 transformer with 4 x 10 turn windings. There must be beginner level articles somewhere that walk one through this stuff, but I haven't yet found them.

For that matter I'm not sure how to calculate Vrms on something that isn't a sine wave.

All I can say at the moment is the core is a EPCOS / TDK B64290L674X830

N30 material with a ui of 4300, 36 x 23 x 15 mm.

I'm still interested in understanding the issues with this PA as a learning exercise but am preparing to move on to something else for on air use.

Paul N1BUG