Re: LF: NA VLF

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: NA VLF
From: [email protected]
Date: Tue, 9 May 2017 16:11:23 -0230 (NDT)
Sender: [email protected]
That's a relief, Paul.   Thank-you very much for your observations and
feedback. The aerial (10m x 100m RL, 2mm Cu) continues to draw 0.3A and the
30+ cm pyrex/steatite insulators are doing their job. I'll upload some
images for you, Stefan. Thanks!

The big RL (20x100m) is on the ground and will be raised again. That will
be good for several dB.  I can probably load the amp a bit more for
another couple of dB. More wire is on the way to wind a second big helix
to replace the 2 small ones in series (total 0.47H).  The big helix
is rather nice, 128 mH at 59 ohm DC, 24 strands of 0.08mm copper.
So another 10 dB is available to realise 0.1 mW.  Then there's
the stability.  I'll try locking on NAA with SL while looking for a
a gps module (or Rb std).

Thanks Jim for the insights. There's a bump in the near-field E vs r plot. The culprit is likely a telephone line that runs along the road.

73
Joe VO1NA