Re: LF: NA VLF

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: NA VLF
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2017 15:09:39 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hi Joe,

Maybe you can provide some informations for us, to get a clear impression of what you're doing:

-A picture of the coil in its current location (when transmitting).
- A picture of the antenna, along with some data like, length, height above ground, sourrounding trees, antenna capacity.
- Measured coil DC resistance
- Which antenna current at which RF power?
- What is the antenna wire diameter?
- A picture of the isolators which hold the wire.

With SpecLab you can measure and monitor the antenna current, you can transmit carriers and e.g. EbNaut. You can program (or get mine) a safety function which stops the transmission in case that the current drops under a certain level. This can prevent from a fire when there should be a flash over across the coil or somewhere else. And another important function: The phase of the radiated signal is constant even when the antenna becomes detuned due to temperature changes or rain. This is realised by a capacitive feedback pickup probe applied to the soundcard input (a tool by DF6NM). The phase is compared with the phase of a SL internal signal generator and variations are corrected. So it is a PLL function. So all you need is a cheap GPS module, all other components are already in your shack...

73, Stefan