Re: LF: Re: [rsgb_lf_group] VO1NA 477 OP8 :Start 2300 finish 0900 50

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: [rsgb_lf_group] VO1NA 477 OP8 :Start 2300 finish 0900 50 watts to monopole.
From: "Roelof Bakker" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2017 17:04:00 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Graham,

Thanks for the encouragement.

I will add Opera 477 to my listening set up.
This can be done by either using a fourth software receiver in
SDRConsole running on an Afedri SDR. However, lately I have been
playing on NAVTEX 518 kHz with a 20 Euro RTL-SDR V3. This has been a
revelation and it is about on par with the Afedri!

It is a bit deaf at LF, hence I am using a tuneable pre-amplifier
preceded by a 530 kHz low pass filter. This way it becomes a decent
receiver.

Just for fun, I will set it up for Opera 477 kHz and let it run
overnight.

73,
Roelof, pa0rdt