Re: LF: Re: [rsgb_lf_group] VO1NA 477 OP8 :Start 2300 finish 0900 50

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Re: [rsgb_lf_group] VO1NA 477 OP8 :Start 2300 finish 0900 50 watts to monopole.
From: "Graham" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2017 14:32:22 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Good set of results from last night Roelof !

8 bit AD , seam's to be various lines on this , but the 8 bits is the resolution against a reference , if the ref is , say 1 volt and the wanted is 2 volts , then you have , 256 steps ~ 4 mV per step 1 volt to 20 , then the steps are ~ 40 mV etc , I'm not sure , hard numbers are directly related to in use performance , as the control software has a role to play ... along with circuit design

I live close to a 10k MW tx , and the RTL dongle on 80/60 meters , gives a cleaner Rx than the ft897d from the same Ae , the skanti r5000 , needs a band pass filter to stop cross modulation and the racal 6790gm , no pre amp , has no issues , but deploys 5 to 7 watts Rf drive to the first mixer ..
to give about 120 dB dynamic  range .

73-Graham
G0NBD