Re: LF: Wilkinson combiners

To: Alan Melia <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: Wilkinson combiners
From: Chris Wilson <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2017 10:46:53 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=from:date:message-id:to:subject:in-reply-to:references:mime-version :content-transfer-encoding; bh=PyFRpTpK8/kVOIlikH5PthJdZkKwPB4hSVGsJv10fV4=; b=prQAWAjr1/+5daxfvVK9hVAAwTXmUOCNF87iEgV+aHaCy9uXmwAyiFAsww28X349Tk zMWoamjHvCAT7RYUPSF8bmGoM615TZMOqJ2kLJZ9NTgbWS2rr5ZLjN0SWOtuF7jMbgH6 la92YTAoiC0y1VFUeKvb+12zNtPYLlsrKyQomE9F9SHG+tazTM8ZEOpVpyYKlL/EV05Y znjwqqBpw2A+yHoydrthKIBfsF3fp1sDIcUwssfRwJ+F1vZFd5NN+DJ0vPHPB7zI4e98 vECCkKyrpF1cTTjAHfaSWOZq9lJWX0slMIIuqu5q2RUbIf7CY9fwJKaqCnrAn2G5NuFs WSHQ==
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Clemens, Alan, Graham and all who replied re my combiner questions,

Some  great  and  patiently  presented  info  here, thanks a bunch for
explaining  it  so  well  and in such detail. I now have a much better
grasp  of how the wide and narrow band ones work and why a narrow band
combiner  might work best with pre filtered outputs sent to its input.
I  will  build  the W1VD design as I already have ferrites to do this,
before  buying  hard  to get (in the UK) and costly big iron cores for
building  a second W1VD LPF bank. If the W1VD combiner is not suitable
I  may  well buy 3 more iron cores and build a second LPF. I will also
try  some low inductance resistors instead of the wire wounds, and look
at  the wire wounds with my AIM analyzer. Thanks agin everyone. Off to
mow the lawn or I won't get a lift to and from the pub tonight ;)

--
Best regards,
 Chris                            mailto:[email protected]