Re: LF: WSPR-15

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: WSPR-15
From: Alex R7NT <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2017 10:06:37 +0300
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=u/yVcec11V7fJuRutmp9Uj1sc/lOIr/3MPC/zF0Z1Xc=; b=HpUy1lZaJOZ9zA6aoHg5nY+8Ofuz2nIiYPGaJ78RHE6OlWAPGQJjWTtsuZaU80PL88 SsXrqzoMgkX7UpVSGJB9mcfp7q0DyNIcJlCoLmMGs40RG2k+RaFiynnM6Pe7oHHGI6wA QsQX/KHZrW4U7+8YLBAgYqZVmJe279HT5hvedcPg04YImdp+VZvNGMEqFNS2dl8Ibrey 65F7rnFw6YZW56T5TmjptUpmj+JBI6DeKRoH7gLwI99hEITHruGoB/98/1gMmelZu58n sYABwFUkj51L1GZ4a3DgaeaIU8syVp96bN7TMXn+IEk7YyTFJ2lwd06NSPUm6HjZ9a8U MBQA==
Sender: [email protected]
Hi John!

Thank you very much for information of perspective WSPR15.
From my point of view for example if Ron WH2XDN TX in WSPR15 he will have VK, EU etc and more JA in his list. His great 10W ERP will be able to be received too far :-)
So, I have not found any information abt his TX antenna and his output power of TX. Could you be so kind to tell me abt TX setup of Ron’s WH2XDN. Or share links to site with this information!
Thanks!

73! Alex R7NT  136.73.ru

Stefan,

An email exchange with Joe Taylor at the start of this year indicated that his group thought that WSPR-15 was a "dead end", and they planned no further development on it. Rather, they were talking about:

"If a more sensitive WSPR-like mode is truly needed for LF/MF
experimentation, would it be better to create something that for now
I'll call "WSPR-MSK", which (like MSK144) uses OQPSK (Offset Quadrature
Phase-Shift Keying), a constant-envelope waveform, coherent
demodulation, and an LDPC code?  Steve (K9AN) and I have discussed such
a possible mode, and we might be more motivated to develop that rather
than going "back" to WSPR-15.  I suspect WSPR-MSK could be made as
sensitive (or better) than WSPR-15, even with transmissions shorter than 15 minutes."

I haven't followed up on it, other than to give him initial encouragement. I notice that Andy Talbot has posted an inquiry today on the WSJT development group reflector, so that might produce an update.

John, W1TAG