Re: LF: VLF/ULF activity weekend 21th/22th

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: VLF/ULF activity weekend 21th/22th
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 14:13:45 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Paul, ULF,

OK, no trace so far on your side. But now you have some first data from Wolf, to find optimised filter/blanker settings that can be applied to your own recording of my signal. Are you working on that to find something?
After the detection in 303 km it is now clear that the 101 km wave propagates at least over that distance, and not to bad!
Maybe it is worth to check if you can extract a peak from your E field antenna only? Also it would be interesting to get some propagation / phase stability informations over the 3 wavelength distance, i should run a 24 hour transmission...

There was some confusion because i didn't strictly hold my announced transmission plan, mostly unintended. To make it clear, i transmitted last friday the 20th, from 8...20 UTC, i.e. 12 hours on 2970.000 Hz exacty. Then on saturday the 21th, i transmitted on 8...17 UTC, also on 2970.000 Hz.

Due to the unexpected higher QRN levels i increased the antenna current from 150 mA to 160 mA but that was after the carrier transmission. It was just for getting a higher likelyhood to decode my own EbNaut transmission in 140 km distance.

Last night i announced to transmit again on 2970 Hz today but in the morning i saw it was snowing so i decided not to transmit because i don't want to risk anything with this coil in the moment.

Now, some questions:

- What do YOU need to get a first trace of my signal in the UK? I assume more carriers on 2970.000 Hz that you can combine with the energy radiated on this frequency so far, right?

- If you say the S/N is 15.9 dB in a 9 hour integration (30.86 uHz) on Wolf's receiver in 303.8 km, that would mean i could try send my callsign or any other 5 character message in EbNaut within just one day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??
   Your signal calculator suggests for example: http://abelian.org/ebnaut/calc.php?sndb=15.9&snbws=&snmps=32400&code=16K25&sp=30&crc=16&nc=5&submit=Calculate
  Would you do the decode work for me if i try to leave my call over 3 wavelengths on ULF? It is one of my biggest goals to make that distance!
  I could start tomorrow!
----

Now it is mostly cold a dry outside so i would like to try as many experiments on 2970 Hz running 150/160 mA as possible. The biggest goal in reach for me on that band is to leave a message on your side, in 8.8 wavelengths distance. And now the QRN is very low. So it is the time to use i think...

73, Stefan