Re: LF: H Bridge power MOSFET based amps question

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: H Bridge power MOSFET based amps question
From: John Rabson <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2016 11:28:49 +0100
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:subject:from:in-reply-to:date :content-transfer-encoding:message-id:references:to; bh=NF3EhUBzAJHmqIZmiNKbNOeoXF9TUVXdBh1m/f90ogg=; b=zfNgKTwwT+HgOSlFpxQaWQE3fi94lLyuLDvnO3Un1W3k3Jtr62z4zRlWPiTh6NFzK7 50o50iahpyDbzY4t1XF0RCcoQlC3txA6ORI3f+UHxBYzwPOvnXNDnb/YcQIBJ6uIle/Z sFL/cupsni9zC2pmqBTCN+R4FV0U17JSoGrnMi1KiFyy0eFe4j9xAN5RSMnRGnxM2r3g bfJfjrdzy7FmC1rot/mWZlv4wFrTbtM048wgcCM+Bydsi1JTNiRw4LLnKvAkIutnIcNe A2Fpd0pgrWoq0YgtV2KYCgwUBaQUVb7vHyTXlvnCuEYQKchMj8l+qSLMB/WXdx5SAagG E6GA==
Sender: [email protected]
My experiences with class E single ended amplifiers is similar to that reported
by Mal. The only caveat I would add is that you should be quite sure that you
have the right driving waveform. During my early experiments with a design
based on G3NYK’s spreadsheet I tried a sine wave rather than the square wave it
should have had. The result was lower efficiency and a short life for the FET.

John F5VLF