Re: LF: H Bridge power MOSFET based amps question

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: H Bridge power MOSFET based amps question
From: Andy Talbot <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2016 14:08:57 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=NSr6I8RKSNBrFuMNrQhcTmMnB7kTw5esQzjyk1AdJRA=; b=NQmuEmFxDdX7l8t1zVqNS9vFgrD/6y7xQwl0FTvAxMojfQ1kAhO3y+DaafxzDXFTjz DaXw6VxxsAiIrdZTvvKDlIptdRNfPMhK5viMvyIgJ5oZntL8SSzMXm7zbApdWCd0KqTJ Ysbe3yLfa/RLVtUad4u6KOfOp8uEXYfcoQ7roKDF2+4juL00dmlLZ4yJ87oNukqnhufL riXhs5vuCLeNyNJxnrMvTO0YkwelUQM4ZQ5gdeL3O2wSIPyD202C5GlwfsxOxnwlqTbB mSMLi0v4C2ONTkliiKCatyFeJk9zz4c6XGnCrpkHgwdJ3XZtNaz0zVKZVHQ9ixalbvDf 8n5A==
Sender: [email protected]
Quite simple.    Same number of FETs for given power, you either parallel them in half-bridge,  or use singly in H bridge

But H-bridge give you four times the impedance, and high Z is always good news, easier to work with, even if it does mean a higher value L in the tank.

My 320V (DC) design, of course, had a high load resistance to start with at that voltage, so half-bridge was quite adequate.   Still working fine after nearly 20 years http://www.g4jnt.com/137tx.pdf

Andy  G4JNT