LF: Re: H Bridge power MOSFET based amps question

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re: H Bridge power MOSFET based amps question
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2016 15:49:25 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
John
I always used SQUARE WAVE to drive my class D es E amps. The Decca 5501 modules input is Sine or Sq wave, the input cct shapes the sine wave to Sq
de mal/g3kev

-----Original Message----- From: John Rabson
Sent: Sunday, November 27, 2016 10:28 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: H Bridge power MOSFET based amps question

My experiences with class E single ended amplifiers is similar to that reported by Mal. The only caveat I would add is that you should be quite sure that you have the right driving waveform. During my early experiments with a design based on G3NYK’s spreadsheet I tried a sine wave rather than the square wave it should have had. The result was lower efficiency and a short life for the FET.

John F5VLF