Re: LF: H Bridge power MOSFET based amps question

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: LF: H Bridge power MOSFET based amps question
From: "mal hamilton" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2016 10:35:35 -0000
Sender: [email protected]
Chris
The Decca 5501 amp modules use a H bridge class D configuration followed by a series resonant PA circuit and this is probably one of the most reliable amplifiers about. Use suitable rated FET'S to give the desired RF output. Also the protection cct used avoids disaster in the event of an antenna failure short/open cct, I have built lots of class D 1Kw push pull amps over the years for LF/MF but they are vunerable to damage with load variations whereas the Decca bridge amps survive. I never had a failure with the Decca, and have been using them for many years. Another approach which is worth a consideration is the class E amp single ended, these are very reliable and avoids the crossover switching problems with the push pull system. Setting up procedure is critical but there after very stable,
Hope these observations help you

de mal/g3kev

-----Original Message----- From: Chris Wilson