Re: LF: Smart noise cancelling?!?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Smart noise cancelling?!?
From: Andy Talbot <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2016 21:10:57 +0000
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to; bh=nriOnZsSmlmBMj+CwLcyBJ1cGJDrcWGC0M21n/VW628=; b=kqVfhJRcOpIiKvW7TDnnIiKgyhTvNOnCPieZW5zppIhw2lR9/VxS9oHua7uR5UXQVj noov0K2wYjiIxIPQtPxnRBm1HbCy905snVGpYHUNYDMi+iT+U0j2FrXAoC5e8qt1T+ry DDX1ECSn5f4PKf26OlDzU8tUJbOBLZtK1wXOx9jSy7GMVUC+oVxCx9fTo18aA2aPdzbi OMWqcA0cf4sHLaCptb+FO5kupeSZWGHKZ/M+z9l6xX2lb55T+BeYHm7+izpa/pIOyzsr MJEy93h4xRGOCd0TORGOebmh/iAcEwscSeHGVhlBHb8FPDbsXk0ZevzWf68XuDfHGcvn e7jQ==
Sender: [email protected]
Not sure what you're saying, Alan
 By "narrow band filtering"   I actually DO mean the digital filtering applied in the FFT process.  It was the ability to go down to 30 milli-Hz bandwidth and lower  that showed Peter the bursty impulses etc were being filtered to something that passed the tests for being Gaussian

Back then the digitisation and first stages of decimation had to be done on external Motorola DSP cards, communicating with a PC for display and further slower decimation and filtering.

Programming  DSP chips in assembler was great fun then - far more interesting than doing it in high level code for soundcards

I still have three Motorola 56002EVM modules - doubt they're worth anything now ;-)    Blowing the 27128 EEPROMS they use to store the code is not that easy to do now - wonder if anyone kept their old EEPROM programmers?

Andy