LF: Smart noise cancelling?!?

To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Smart noise cancelling?!?
From: DK7FC <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2016 14:22:39 +0100
Sender: [email protected]
Hi all,

Last night i thought a bit about noise cancelling on LF/VLF. Depending on the band and distance and strength of the QRN, different settings for a noise blanker are used, or optimal. Different rise times, treshold levels and so on. I thought about propagation changes and different shapes of QRN bursts in the time domain, requiring different blanker settings.

Is it possible to program an 'intelligent' noise blanking system that is evaluating the input spectrum, looking at the shape/type of a sferic and automatically sets individual dynamic noise blanker parameters for each burst?
Or do i miss something here?

Just a thought. I guess i'm not the first one who has this idea :-)

73, Stefan