RE: Re[2]: LF: Running 2 WSPR transmissions, how to stop them TX'ing at

To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: Re[2]: LF: Running 2 WSPR transmissions, how to stop them TX'ing at the same time??
From: "Clemens Paul" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2016 12:00:46 +0200
Sender: [email protected]
Hello Andy,

>As the WSJT standard for S/N is to express it in a 2.5kHz
>bandwidth, simply dividing the previously measured S value by
>this N (for 2.5kH input)   will give the final S/N value.   If
>DSP prefiltering has been included in the software, the noise
>will have been measured over just this pre-filtered bandwidth
>and the lower resulting N is then scaled up to what it would
>be in 2.5kHz.  Noise power is proportional to bandwidth, so a
>250Hz prefilter means the measured total noise is now 10dB
>lower and this correction has ot be added on

*If* there is a DSP pre-filtering in the SW and the noise measured in this
BW is scaled up to 2.5kHz which includes the appropriate correction
then a hardware filter (or digital filter in a SDR like perseus) narrower than
2.5kHz in the RX itself
*ahead* of the WSPR-DSP would not affect/falsify the calculated S/N as long as
this filter
is not narrower than the DSP prefilter of the WSPR SW.
I have the impression that in the 'old' WSPR SW there is no DSP prefiltering in
the SW but in WSJT-X
there is.

73
Clemens